Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Winter song





aah winter, such a beautiful time.
Sipping hot cocoa while sitting cozily by the fireplace, snow, and Christmas carols. I don't think there's another time of year that I love more. But at the same time, winter can be an incredibly depressing time for some people. The lack of warmth and light from the sun can make one feel sullen and sad, and the general mood of winter is darker than the rest of the year.
After listening to a few Christmas songs, though, I finally listened to this lovely song from Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson. I was excited to learn earlier this month that they had collaborated on "Winter Song." After I had finally gotten a hold of a copy of the single, I anxiously waited to listen, hoping that it'd sound as good as I had hoped. Not only was it as good as I thought it was going to be, it was better.
Their voices, surprisingly, blend effortlessly together. The song, a tune that is featured on The Hotel Café presents winter songs album, starts off about the dark and morose mood of winter, progresses moods to that of an inspirational one and asks, rhetorically, "Is love alive?"
The music video, as well, is lovely. It's a cute animated video about friendship. (Sara Bareilles is the Brunette, and Ingrid Michaelson is the redhead)
check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUO0gd7cr9o

No comments: