Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Allein, Allein



Earlier this morning, a friend and I were browsing random European charts and talking about German gangster rap (laughing, mostly), and being generally shocked at the amount of a certain rapper's curse words and such from Germany, when he came across this catchy Dance/Electronica/Synth-pop tune (that isn't rap) called "Allein Allein," which translates to "alone, alone," from the German band Polarkreis 18. The song was no. 1 in Germany, but Katy Perry's "Hot N Cold" beat it to gain the top spot, so it's currently no. 2. in Germany.

The song is mostly in English, and the only words sung in German are the lines "Wir sind allein," which translates, if I'm not mistaken, to "we are alone."
The only other line in German is when the singer sings "allein allein."

It's catchy as hell, and I haven't been able to stop listening to it since he showed me the music video. I especially love the beginning, where the chant of "Allein Allein" and the music build up until the singer starts singing.
here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0yyHY56FpU

No comments: